CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS
& BUSINESS ADVISORS
Tax Manager– Knoxville, TN
Rodefer Moss is currently seeking a Tax Manager to join our Knoxville, TN office.
We are looking for candidates who are motivated to advance their career in public accounting and who have demonstrated an ability to lead others. Managers lead one or more staff members, instruct them in work to be performed, review the work done, and direct necessary revisions.
As a Manager, your responsibilities will include:
• Supervising and mentoring staff in work to be performed and providing holistic feedback to them about their job performance and career growth.
• Assuming full responsibility for planning, supervising, and completing multiple engagements.
• Preparing complicated tax returns and returns on dissolution or liquidation.
• Conducting detailed reviews on a variety of tax returns and raising potential tax issues.
• Demonstrating the ability to provide quality tax planning to clients.
• Researching complicated tax issues and providing accurate technical guidance.
• Building and nurturing an internal and external network and leveraging effective relationships to develop new business opportunities.
• Demonstrating expertise and competence in your specialties.
• Preparing routine correspondence to clients for approval and signature of a Partner, and supervising preparation of management letters.
• Cooperating with, supporting and providing aid to other Managers and Partners.
• Conducting yourself so as to maintain and enhance an image of spirit, cooperation, competence, enthusiasm and sense of urgency.
• Performing the broadest range of accounting tasks so that direct participation of Partners is kept to a minimum.
• Preparing other reports, projects and duties as may be assigned.
Education, experience, and skills we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Master’s degree in accounting.
• At least five years’ experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of tax, accounting tasks and knowledge.
• Holds current/valid CPA license.
• Experience with corporate taxation, individuals, and partnerships.
• Excellent management and supervision skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail and organization skills.
• Minimum of 40 hours of continuing professional education is required each year.
• Proficiency in use of computers, including accounting and tax software programs.
At Rodefer Moss, the opportunity to grow is in your hands. Our salary and benefits package is extremely competitive. Our team members enjoy a reasonable work week, a paperless work environment, continuing education program to develop you as a professional, bonus and incentive programs, and much more. If you are looking for a supportive, flexible, team-oriented organization where you can thrive and advance at your own pace, look no further! To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.