CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS
& BUSINESS ADVISORS
MATT BROWN, CPA | PARTNER
301 E. Elm Street
New Albany, IN 47150
Phone: (812) 981-3436
Matt Brown is a Partner with Rodefer Moss and has been with the firm since 1999. He has over 18 years of experience in public accounting. He regularly plans and performs all aspects of financial statement audits, supervises staff, prepares financial statements, and audit reports. He also has experience with SEC filings and clients.
Matt is the managing partner for the firm’s Real Estate Accounting Solution Service (REAS), a cloud-based accounting service for commercial property owners and managers.
Matt works with many business owners involving their tax planning and compliance as well as helping those individuals with the complexity of the day to day operations of business ownership.
AFFILIATIONS & INVOLVEMENT
• B.S., Accounting, Purdue University
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants; Member
• Floyd County Head Start; Board Treasurer
• Indiana CPA Society; Member
• Kentucky Society of Certified Public Accountants; Member
• New Albany Floyd County Education Foundation; Board President
• One Southern Indiana Economic Development Committee; Member
• One Southern Indiana Investor Relations Committee; Member
• Business Valuations
• Construction Services
• Consulting Services
• Employee Benefit Plans
• Estates & Trusts
• Small Business Solutions
• Tax Compliance
• QuickBooks Assistance
• Not for Profit
• Small Business
• Financial Institutions
• Broker Dealers
The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) began in May 2016 to compose new audit report-related rules. In announcing the review, the PCAOB noted that the auditor’s report was the main source of information for various interested parties, investors among them.
In school, teachers would sometimes telegraph or announce what would be on upcoming tests. Class members had a choice: take the hint, or not. The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) has delivered its message on