CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS
& BUSINESS ADVISORS
Rodefer Moss is currently seeking an Audit Manager to join our Johnson City and/or Greeneville, TN office.
We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated an ability to perform work with minimal assistance. Managers lead one or more staff members, instruct them in work to be performed, review the work done, and direct necessary revisions.
As a Manager, your responsibilities will include:
• Displaying exceptional skills in management and supervision.
• Cooperating with, supporting and providing aid to other Managers and Partners.
• Conducting yourself so as to maintain and enhance an image of spirit, cooperation, competence, enthusiasm and sense of urgency.
• Demonstrating expertise and competence in your specialties.
• Supervising staff in work to be performed and providing holistic feedback to them about their job performance and career growth.
• Assuming full responsibility for planning, supervising, and completing routine engagements.
• Preparing complicated tax returns and returns on dissolution or liquidation.
• Conducting detailed reviews on a variety of tax returns and raises potential tax issues.
• Demonstrating the ability to provide quality tax planning to clients.
• Preparing routine correspondence to client for approval and signature of a Partner, and supervising preparation of management letters.
• Meeting time constraints and deadlines.
• Initiating, nurturing and developing relationships with prospective clients.
• Performing the broadest range of accountant tasks so that direct participation of Partners is kept to a minimum.
• Maintaining strict confidentiality of all client matters.
• Participating in professional organizations, community activities and practice development.
• Preparing other reports, projects and duties as may be assigned.
Education, experience, and skills we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Master’s degree in accounting.
• At least five years’ experience in public accounting with Governmental entities, demonstrating a progression in complexity of accounting tasks and knowledge of auditing under generally accepted government auditing standards and Uniform Guidance.
• Holds current/valid CPA license and should be a member in good standing with the AICPA.
• Minimum of 40 hours of continuing professional education is required each year.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail and organization skills.
• Proficiency in use of computers, including accounting and tax software programs.
At Rodefer Moss, the opportunity to grow is in your hands. Our salary and benefits package is extremely competitive. Our team members enjoy a reasonable work week, a paperless work environment, continuing education program to develop you as a professional, bonus and incentive programs, and much more. If you are looking for a supportive, flexible, team-oriented organization where you can thrive and advance at your own pace, look no further! To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.