CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS
& BUSINESS ADVISORS
Rodefer Moss & Co, PLLC is seeking a full-time Audit Associate to join our Norton, VA office.
We are looking for candidates who will demonstrate an ability to perform a wide variety of accounting and assurance assignments under the supervision of different professionals.
As an Audit Associate, your responsibilities will include:
• Performing and completing field work including preparation of workpapers for a variety of financial statement engagements.
• Providing analysis of account balances and documenting findings.
• Assisting in drafting reports including footnotes.
• Working with clients in gaining an understanding of their business to apply the appropriate accounting and auditing standards in the preparation of workpapers.
• Conducting research on technical accounting issues.
• Developing external relationships and building a network of peers.
• Maintaining strict confidentiality of all client matters.
• Performing other duties as needed and assigned by supervisory personnel.
Education, experience, and skills we’re looking for:
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Accounting.
• 1-3 years' experience in a public accounting firm a plus, but not required.
• CPA designation a plus, but not required. If licensed, should be a member in good standing with the AICPA.
• Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail and organization skills.
• Proficiency in use of computers, including accounting software programs.
At Rodefer Moss, the opportunity to grow is in your hands. Our salary and benefits package is extremely competitive. Our team members enjoy a reasonable work week, a paperless work environment, continuing education program to develop you as a professional, bonus and incentive programs, and much more. If you are looking for a supportive, flexible, team-oriented organization where you can thrive and advance at your own pace, look no further!
Job Type: Full-time
If you are interested in joining our team as an Audit Associate, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.